I have so many things in my life to be thankful for: beautiful, intelligent daughters, a supportive and loving family, good friends, a magical city to call home. As a reader and writer, I also have much to remember on this day of Thanksgiving. And since this blog is (mostly) dedicated to bookish things, I want to give thanks here for:
- All the amazing writers out there who sweat over each paragraph, each sentence, each word to create worlds I become lost in and characters I fall in love with.
- All my bookish friends, both readers and writers, those smart, interesting souls who love good stories and encourage me to try to write them.
- My writing group, who shares amazing work with me weekly and pushes me to share mine.
- My Nook. Yes, Ali and Lauri, you were right – it changed my life. No more carrying 10 books in my suitcase every time I travel.
- Twitter. Yep, Twitter. Because it’s there I often learn about new books that end up becoming favorites.
Mostly, I am thankful that when I was growing up my mother and other adults encouraged my love of books. Reading has been a blessing in my life since I was barely able to sound out the words, and my life has been richer because of it.